Last update: July 2020
Global Vision Direct Limited T/A Artisan Furniture only collect information about you if we need to, for instance to provide and improve our services or to communicate with you.
We collect information when you provide that information to us. We may also collect some technical data automatically through this website. We can also collect data from outside sources and we are making it easier for you to find out how we handle your information and information about individuals connected to your business.
This is our new Privacy Notice to make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information and information about individuals who are connected to your business within Global Vision Direct Limited companies. We won’t be changing the ways we use this information, but the new Notice will provide you with additional details such as:
- Increased rights which individuals have in relation to the information we hold about them
- How we keep information secure
- The types of information Global Vision Direct Ltd T/A Artisan Furniture collects about you and individuals connected to your business, and how we use it
- The legal grounds for how we use personal information
This policy (together with our Standard Trading Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows. For the purpose of Data Protection legislation, the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), to include General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Global Vision Direct Limited T/A Artisan Furniture at www.artisanfurniture.net, www.globalvisiondirect.co.uk and www.globalvisioncompany.com
In any instances where the Privacy Notice doesn’t apply, we’ll provide you with additional information separately. If you have a trade account with us or other parts of the Global Vision within the UK, or in other countries where we operate, we’ll write separately to you or to the trade account holder.
When providing you with trade or wholesale services we (or a member of the Global Vision Group) may collect information on individuals connected to your business. This information may be collected from you or other independent sources. Please ensure all relevant individuals have been made aware of the Privacy Notice, and the individual rights and information it sets out. If you, or anyone else on your behalf, has provided or provides personal information on an individual connected to your business to us (or a member of the Global Vision Group), you or they must first ensure that you or they have the authority to do so.
An individual connected to your business could be any guarantor, a director, officer or employee of a company, partners or members of a partnership, any substantial owner, controlling person, or beneficial owner, trustee, settlor or protector of a trust, trade account holder of a designated account, recipient of a designated payment, your attorney or representative (eg. authorised signatories), agent or nominee, or any other persons or entities with whom you have a relationship relevant to your relationship with the Global Vision Group.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.artisanfurniture.net this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visit to our site including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
We also use Re-marketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Double Click cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
The following types of cookie may be used during your visit to our site:-
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies are valid across visits and, for example, are used to avoid the need to tell us your country of residence at the start of each visit.
- Email cookies which are set on your computer by an email from us, but are accessed by our site when you use our site.
- Third party cookies that are used by our partners, for example, to help us measure site visitors or to serve our ads.
- Third Party Service Provider
For some of our activities including routing & refund of payments; we are using world renowned & secure third-party service providers like Stripe Inc www.stripe.com. If you wish to know any further how your data is protected by Stripe Inc you may click the link https://stripe.com/GB/privacy (It will open in an external tab thereby taking you to an external site).
We may utilize the service of other third-party service providers & same will be disclosed on this section of our website.
If you have any more questions or concerns please email us & we will be happy to answer your questions.
We do always to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’ and ensure the information is always:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage